Trac Cymru is looking for a part-time, home-based, Welsh-speaking Communications & Marketing Officer.
Where we come from
The indigenous folk arts of Wales are under threat of extinction without careful nurturing and conscious effort on the part of many individuals and a few fabulous organisations, of which Trac Cymru is one.
Trac Cymru provides inspiration, training and support to individuals and projects to ensure the preservation of Welsh cultural heritage. We give folk artists the confidence, support and backing to unleash their extraordinary talents onto the world. Our mission is to develop Welsh performing folk arts as a living tradition to be shared and enjoyed by audiences and performers at all levels, both in Wales and throughout the world.
As an organisation, we are on the eve of a huge year and this is your chance to get in on the action. So if your mission is aligned with ours, then consider applying for this game changing role.
What we need
We need to bring our communications into the hands of one individual who can help make sure that we’re reaching and talking with the world effectively. Having developed a Marketing and Communications Strategy we’re looking for the right person to help us deliver it.
We see you as the person who will support the management team in all aspects of marketing. Working from home, you’ll be responsible for making sure the world knows about us and our work- using social and digital platforms as well as helping us with PR and marketing our projects.
All our roles are dependent on successful funding, but this role will be a minimum of 0.6 FTE (3 days per week on average) until 31 March 2024 with the potential to grow to full-time over a period of years.
The initial salary will be £13,800 pa (£23,000 pa pro rata)
Trac Cymru is an equal opportunities employer. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll work closely with the business manager to write copy and to ensure accurate execution of our social media marketing plan.
You’ll work with the business manager to create the monthly social marketing plans, inspired by the content plan and designed to tie in with the broader marketing plan.
You will take blog posts, videos and emails and turn them into social messages. You’ll edit, lay them out in Canva where needed and upload everything to the relevant social channels.
You’ll keep our social presence:
• on brand
• on topic
• refreshed at all times
You’ll understand and use scheduling platforms such as Hootsuite or Later to ensure timely social posts
You’ll work closely with the Business Manager to write marketing communication emails and posts.
Project Campaign Management
You’re happy to manage the marketing aspects of projects as they arise – sticking to an existing marketing strategy and flagging up when you reach the edges of your competence or ability so that support can be given accordingly.
You’re willing to learn.
Measure, report, improve
You’re data minded, with an understanding of the fact that data is key to improvement.
You’re diligent in the collection, analysis and use of marketing data as a means of measuring progress within the organisation.
Does this sound like you?
You are someone who:
• has marketing and communications experience, preferably in the arts sector.
• wants to be part of something important that you truly believe in
• is excited by the idea of working within a small, dynamic, fast growth organisation with a global vision.
• has a deep and genuine desire to preserve and develop the traditional performing arts of Wales (maybe you are even a musician yourself)
• has perfect spelling and grammar in both Welsh and English (you take apostrophes in the wrong place as a personal affront). Having said that you know how to bend the rules to inject some personality if needed
• is a natural storyteller, and knows that power comes from emotional writing, not hyperbole and exclamation marks.
• has an ability to see the story in something and to research and collate content from real world events
• understands the application of a brand and knows when something looks right or wrong
• is detail oriented and can wrangle all the relevant social tools for accurate scheduling and maximum engagement
• loves making beautiful designs and sending them out into the world
• is ok with sometimes tight deadlines and can turn your hand to whatever needs doing to get our message out/branding in
• is persistent. If at first you don’t succeed you work at it until you do, and learn whatever you need to make it happen. You have an ability to figure things out and get things done.
• manages your own time well. We are a small team and initiative is welcomed but we also believe in boundaries and welcome your ability to manage yours.
• is happy working within a budget and good at planning ahead to get to most out of money spent
• is a positive and confident face of the organisation and is professional and happy to deal with people at all levels, on the phone or face to face, or in media interviews.
Required experience and qualifications
● Fluent Welsh and English
● Digital marketing practices, including analytics tools such as Google Analytics
● Creating and scheduling posts on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter including taking responsibility for community management on each platform, where responsiveness and sociability are paramount.
● Demonstrable experience of basic video and audio editing & file conversion
● Graphic design experience with Canva or similar and building beautiful imagery
● Experience of proof-reading and ensuring perfection in English and Welsh
● Familiarity with tools such as: Facebook Creative Studio, Canva, Google drive, Trello and more that we don’t know about but will make our lives easier!
● Experience of marketing or a Degree in a related discipline
● Attention to detail
● Ability to set up and run social media advertising campaigns
● Video editing
● Commissioning photographers, videographers and graphic designers for print and digital outputs
● Website editing on WordPress
● Supporting and running events
● Hashtag strategy and research
● Comfortable around cameras and public platforms
How we’ll know you’re rocking it
• Social platforms are looking beautiful, and full of great conversation with our community
• Marketing statistics are trending upwards
• You will be up to speed on forthcoming projects and your role in them
• Website is up to date
• Our branding is visible in all the right places
How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for, send a CV and cover letter to Danny KilBride, our Director, email@example.com telling us why you’re the perfect person for the role.
Applicants who are successful on application will be notified by email to schedule an interview.
Applications close on Monday 6th December, but we need someone yesterday, so will start interviewing and skills testing as we receive good applications. Don’t wait to get your application in. We look forward to hearing from you.
For an informal chat about this role contact Danny KilBride, our Director at the email address above.